These light, fluffy pancakes are simple to prepare and perfect for feeding a crowd. The delicious Vanilla Berry Sauce is subtly sweet and just bursting with berry goodness that you won't be able to get enough of.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
Vanilla Berry Sauce
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until they are just combined. Don't worry about any lumps in the batter.
- Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Scoop about ⅓ cup of the batter into the center of the frying pan and cook, undisturbed, until bubbles begin to appear on top of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancake over and cook it for another minute on the second side. Repeat until all of the batter is gone.
- In a small saucepan, combine the berries, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the sauce reduces and starts to thicken, between 7 and 10 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- The pancakes and sauce can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 562mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g