Prep Time 1 day
Total Time 1 day
- 3 cups plain yogurt, full-fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za'atar
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- Line a large bowl with 3 to 4 layers of cheesecloth. Set it aside.
- Mix the salt into the yogurt. Transfer the yogurt into the cheesecloth lined bowl. Roll the top of the excess cheesecloth down. Place a wooden spoon in the centre of the cheescloth and tie the two remaining pieces of cheesecloth around it. Suspend the yogurt filled cheesecloth over a container and allow all of the excess moisture to drip out. Refrigerate, suspended over a container for 24 hours.
- Once the yogurt has been refrigerated for 24 hours, discard the excess moisture that is in the container. Transfer the thickened yogurt from the cheesecloth into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately topped with the olive oil, za'atar, mint leaves and olives or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply