Classic Granola Bars
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the oats, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until they are lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and then line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to make the granola easy to remove.
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until they are smooth and a sticky ball forms.
- Transfer the dates to a large bowl. Add the toasted oats and seeds, dried cranberries, honey, and salt. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until they are very well combined. (To prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, grease them with a little coconut oil or butter.)
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it firmly to form a dense, even layer. Freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Using the overhanging parchment paper, gently transfer the granola to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut it into bars or squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply