Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted and pureed in a food processor
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a square 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and then line it with parchment paper, leaving a slight over hang on each side.
- Arrange the oats and nuts on a baking sheet. Gently toast them in the oven until they become fragrant, between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted oat mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and press it into a single layer with your hands or the back of a spoon. Freeze until the granola bar begins to firm up, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully, remove the granola from the dish and cut it into squares or rectangles. For best results, wrap each granola bar individually in parchment paper.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.