These crunchy twice-baked cookies are absolutely delicious and perfect for dipping into coffee or a big glass of milk. They're a little time-consuming to prepare but definitely worth the effort!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until they are well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract and continue to beat until they are incorporated. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue to mix until a dough forms. Fold in the almonds.
- Divide the dough in half, transfer it to the baking sheet, and form each half into a rounded rectangle that is approximately ¾ inch high.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, just until the bottom begins to brown. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the biscotti to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the biscotti into ½" slices and arrange the slices upright on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Return the biscotti to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is just golden.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Using a microwave or a double-boiler, gently melt your chocolate until it's completely smooth. Dip each of your biscotti into the chocolate, covering ⅓ of the cookie. Arrange the chocolate-dipped biscotti on parchment paper to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, the biscotti is ready to enjoy. Serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g