If you're craving a mid-week pick up then these incredible Chocolate Almond Oat Bars will definitely hit the spot! These are gluten-free, dairy-free, and are packed with lots of ingredients that you can feel really good about! Enjoy for dessert or even for breakfast on a busy morning!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup smooth natural almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped roasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almond flour, and salt. Stir in the almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Transfer the mixture into the baking dish. Press the mixture down into an even layer.
- Bake the bars until they are lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Once baked, allow the bars to cool before topping them with the chocolate.
- Once cool, in a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat bars and spread into an even layer. Top the bars with the chopped almonds. Allow the bars to cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate has completely set, about 10 minutes.
- Once set, cut the oat bars into squares and serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g