Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauces, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup black bean salsa, for serving
- ¼ cup sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the chicken, fire roasted tomatoes, chipotle peppers, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until everything is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble the tacos, divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas and top each with the black bean pico de gallo and sour cream.
- Enjoy immediately.