Chicken with White Beans & Pesto
This recipe is simple but flavorful thanks to the addition of sweet red peppers and basil-infused pesto sauce. The white beans add both fiber and protein to help to make this meal really filling. It also makes great leftovers for lunch.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans
- ½ cup Pesto Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken, skin side down, until the skin is golden and releases easily from the skillet, about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until it releases easily from the pan, another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the bell peppers and shallot to the pan and cook until they have softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the beans and pesto. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans have heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and continue to cook, covered, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 5 minutes. Add a splash of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Serve the chicken immediately on top of the bean mixture or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply