Prep Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, lemon, paprika, cumin, turmeric, oregano, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Transfer chicken and onion to a large zipper bag. Add marinade and be sure that chicken is evenly coated. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour but overnight is ideal.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour chicken into a large baking dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Chicken can be served over rice, salad or in a pita.