Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain them in a colander and set them aside.
- In large wide-bottom skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until it is golden on all sides, about 10 minutes. Once golden, remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the onion and bell pepper. Cook until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for another minute. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and paprika. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmer and return the chicken to the pan. Continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Once cooked, stir in the sour cream.
- Serve immediately over the egg noodles topped with more sour cream and chopped parsley. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g