These delicious Chewy Breakfast Bars are quick and easy to prepare and make the perfect breakfast on-the-go. They're fiber-rich and a great alternative to store-bought granola bars.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup corn flakes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup apricot
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Arrange the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet. Bake until they are lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the oats are toasting, in a food processor, blend the dates until they are smooth and form a ball, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer the date paste into a large bowl.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the bowl. Add the corn flakes, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and honey. Mix everything until it is evenly combined, using hands if necessary.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly in an even layer. Allow the bars to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once set, cut breakfast bars into squares. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g