Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in cherries and almonds.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.