Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 smoked pork sausages, sliced
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until it is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the sausage and cook the remaining side until it is golden, another 2 minutes. Remove the sausage form the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is cooked through and turns pink, about 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the onion, celery, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return the shrimp and sausage to the skillet. Season the mixture with the Cajun seasoning. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 2124mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g