Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- ½ lb pork sausage, casings removed
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage, stirring occasionally, until it is no longer pink, over medium-high heat. Remove the sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the bell peppers and celery and cook, stirring, until they soften. Add the garlic, and Cajun seasoning and cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cooked sausage and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Transfer the sausage mixture into each muffin tin.
- In a large measuring cup whisk eggs and milk. Fill each muffin cup with egg mixture. Bake until the eggs have set, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.