This delicious Bruschetta Chicken Pasta is light, fresh, and perfect for summer. It comes together in just 15 minutes on the stove so it's a true weeknight wonder.
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the penne according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken into the skillet and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the shallot and garlic and cook until they become fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, until they are heated through and begin to release their juices, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked pasta into the pan and mix well. Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately topped with the Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g