This delicious Breakfast Quesadilla is a fun way to get the kids excited about breakfast. It's loaded with bacon, eggs, and lots of gooey cheddar cheese. Serve it with salsa for dipping.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large flour
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup prepared salsa, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, add the bacon over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is cooked, but not crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove any excess grease from the pan and stir in the red peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the eggs and green onions. Cook, stirring, until the eggs have scrambled and are cooked to your liking. Remove the eggs from the heat and assemble the quesadilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla. Top with the egg mixture and the remaining cheese.
- Place the quesadilla on a large skillet. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and cook until the cheese begins to melt and the quesadilla is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the quesadilla over and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 901Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 432mgSodium: 1538mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 44g