Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ 15-oz can black beans, and mashed
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared salsa
- In a small bowl, mash the black beans with a potato masher.
- Place a tortilla in a large frying pan. Layer with half of the cheddar cheese, black beans, red pepper, green onion, chili powder, and hot sauce. Top with the other half of the cheese and finally, the second tortilla. Cook over medium-high heat until the cheese begins to melt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional minute on the other side.
- Serve immediately with the sour cream and salsa or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.