Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb small dried pasta shells
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until the onions begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour, and cook, stirring for another minute. Stir in the beef broth, tomato sauce, and cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue to cook, stirring occasioanlly, until the sauce begins to reduce, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g