This BBQ Lime Chicken is served with Coconut Rice and topped with a super flavorful Mango Salsa! This summer inspired recipe comes together in a fast and is bursting with fresh flavor!
- 2 mangos, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
BBQ Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the mango salsa, in a large bowl, mix together the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Stir in the lime juice and honey. Set it aside.
- To make the rice, in a medium pot, combine the jasmine rice, coconut milk, and water. Season with salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in the pan. Cook until the chicken is golden and releases easily from the skillet, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce with the lime juice. Brush the sauce over the chicken and continue to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Serve the chicken immediately with the rice and mango salsa. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 32gProtein: 31g