This is my grandmother's Banana Bread recipe. It has been tested hundreds of times and it always turns out perfect. It's not surprising that it's now one of my most popular recipes ever.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a loaf pan with butter. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and mix. Add the mashed banana and mix. Add the flour mixture and beat just until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow the banana bread to cool before removing it from the pan.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g