It can be hard to get an easy and nutritious dinner on the table on a busy weeknight, which is where recipes like this delicious Balsamic Glazed Chicken served with Roast Potatoes is a total life saver! This chicken is coated in the most wonderful yet simple glaze that boasts a ton of flavor, and the roast potatoes are golden, tender, and oh-so-easy to make!
Balsamic Glazed Chicken & Roast Potatoes
It can be hard to get an easy and nutritious dinner on the table on a busy weeknight, which is where recipes like this delicious Balsamic Glazed Chicken served with Roast Potatoes is a total life saver!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 6 red potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Once well coated, transfer the potatoes onto the baking sheet. Bake, tossing, once or twice, until they are tender and golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook until it is golden, and releases easily from the pan, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season the remaining side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, and releases easily from the skillet, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and fresh rosemary. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook, flipping the chicken often, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the roasted potatoes or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 48g
Leave a Reply