Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the Crunchy Roasted Chickpea Croutons
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Caesar Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
For the salad
- 4 cups green kale, finely chopped
- 4 cups Lacinato kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the chickpeas on the baking sheet and toss them with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until they are crisp and golden, about 30 minutes, tossing at least once during the cooking process. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the green kale, Lacinato kale, parsley, and the Caesar vinaigrette. Toss well.
- Serve immediately topped with the Crunchy Chickpea Croutons and sliced avocado.