- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 12 round rice paper wrappers
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, sliced into strips
- 1 cup carrot
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu strips and cook, until they are golden on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once they are golden, add the hoisin sauce and cook for another 30 seconds. Set the tofu aside and allow it to cool before assembling the rolls.
- To build the rolls, soak the rice paper rounds, one at a time, in tepid water for 10 to 20 seconds. Lay it flat on a cutting board.
- In the centre of the lower third of the wrapper, place a few pieces of each fruit and vegetable. Top with the basil and tofu and begin to wrap. Start by wrapping the bottom of the rice paper over the filling and tuck in the filling as you roll to about halfway up the wrap. Fold the sides of the rice paper toward the centre of the roll and continue to roll upward.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a damp towel for up to 3 days.