- 1 large baguette, sliced diagonally
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In a blender combine coconut milk, banana, ground flaxseeds, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high in a large nonstick skillet. Dip each piece of bread into the banana mixture and then fry it until it becomes golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or so.
- In a small saucepan combine strawberries, lemon juice and coconut sugar. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the strawberries begin to break down. Pour over French toast.
- Serve immediately.