- chocolate sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk the buttermilk, butter, egg, and vanilla extract until they are well combined. Pour the wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until it is well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon ½ cup of the batter into a hot waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is set and golden, 2 to 3 min.
- Serve immediately with ice cream, chocolate sauce and cherries.