- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, zest
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed (7-ounces)
- 6 (4oz) tilapia fillet, sliced into strips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large plate or a wide-mouthed bowl, whisk flour, cumin, child flakes, smoked paprika, garlic powder and lime zest. Set aside.
- In another wide-mouthed bowl, beat eggs. Set aside.
- Place crushed tortillas in a shallow baking dish or a large plate.
- To encrust fish, take one strip at a time and lightly toss it in the flour mixture. Next, dip the fish into the eggs, then finish off by coating it with the crushed tortillas.
- Arrange fish stick on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue coating remaining fish.
- Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and tortilla crust is lightly golden.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. *If you prefer, you can pan fry the fish on a large skillet over medium-high heat.