This rich and satisfying Tortellini Soup is surprisingly quick and easy to prepare in just 20 minutes on the stove. It freezes well too so it's a perfect make-ahead meal.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup cream
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the Italian seasoning, and continue to cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour, and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, and tomato paste and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the tortellini. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup until the tortellini is cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Once the Parmesan is melted, stir in the spinach. Continue to cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 968mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g