- 12 large dried pasta shells, cooked and rinsed with cold water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup tomato
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp green yellow onion for garnish
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. And add garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beef and continue to cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper to taste and the taco seasoning. Add the black beans. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Spread half of the salsa in the base of an oven-safe baking dish. Stuff the shells with beef mixture and place into baking dish. Top with the remaining salsa and sprinkle over the cheddar cheese. Bake until it is ot and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately topped with the green onions or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.