- 2 tbsp butter
- 18 cremini mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided in half
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped mushrooms stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until their juices release, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cream cheese and remove it from the heat. Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture and place into a lightly greased oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until the mushrooms have softened slightly and cheese is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sderve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.