Spicy Sausage Pizza
- ½ lb hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 16-oz pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced (or 1 tsp red pepper flakes)
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the desired thickness. Transfer the pizza to a baking sheet and spread the tomato sauce over the pizza dough. Top with the remaining toppings. Bake the pizza until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply