Spicy Chorizo Queso Dip
- ½ lb chorizo sausage, removed from its casing
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, crumbling with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink. Remove cooked chorizo from the skillet and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, add red onion and red bell pepper. Cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, add milk and whisk mixture until it begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, half a cup at a time, until it is completely melted. Return chorizo to the skillet.
- Garnish with pickled jalapenos and freshly chopped cilantro.
Leave a Reply