Spiced Carrot Cake Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In another large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue to beat for another minute. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until they are well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, one cup at a time, mixing until it is fully incorporated. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- If the dough is a little sticky, place it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is firm enough to roll into balls.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to wire rack for cooling before enjoying.
Leave a Reply