Smoky Grilled Corn Salad
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 corn on the cob, husked
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn on all sides until it is bright yellow and begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and allow the corn to cool.
- While the corn is cooling, in a small bowl whisk the cheese, yogurt, oil, lime zest, juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- Once the corn is cool enough to handle, slice off the kernels from the cob. Transfer the kernels into a large bowl and add the jalapeno, chives and cilantro. Mix well.
- Serve immediately over a bed of mixed greens and top with the dressing.
Leave a Reply