- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from its casing
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups dried lasagna pasta, broken into pieces
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In an oven-safe skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Use the side of a spoon to break it into pieces. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until they soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lasagna noodles, tomato sauce and water. Stir until everything is well combined. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until the noodles are cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the ricotta cheese. Top with mozzarella and cook until cheese is melted. For best results, broil on high for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.