Severed Finger Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup edible fake blood
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the sugar until well incorporated. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Using hands, shape a small amount of dough at a time into the shape of a finger. Break off the base of the finger to create a jagged edge. Press an almond in to the top of the finger to create a finger nail. Using a knife, create some wrinkles along the finger. Arrange the fingers on the baking sheet. Freeze the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- Once cooled, remove the almond from the cookie and set it aside. Using a food-safe paintbrush, brush the cookies with the cocoa powder. Using another food-safe paintbrush, brush the severed end of the finger with the fake blood and in the nail bed. Return the almond to the tip of the finger.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply