- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 pie crusts
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, and thyme leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they beging to brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut round circles out of the pie dough. Fill half of the cirlcles with some of the mushroom mixture and top it with some goat cheese.Brush some egg wash around the edges of the filled circles. Top each circle with another pie dough piece and seal the edges. Using a knife, cut a small hole in the top of each pie. Brush the tops of the hand pies with egg wash and bake until they are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.