- 1 French loaf, cut into 1” slices
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and leave it to dry out for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Soak 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture, flipping to ensure both sides are coated. Transfer the bread to the frying pan. Cook until the bread becomes golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and repeat until all of the French toast has been prepared.
- To serve, place 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of Swiss cheese between 2 slices of French toast to make a savory sandwich. Enjoy immediately.