- 2 tsp oil
- ½ lb breakfast sausages, removed from casing
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 large fried eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parboil the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook onion and sausage, over medium-high heat. Cook until the sausage is cookedo through, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and onion from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, cook the green apple and potatoes, stirring frequently, until they become golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup with the apple cider vinegar and thyme leaves. Return the sausage and onion to frying pan and add the sauce. Stir until mixture is well coated and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with a fried egg.