- 1 10-12 lb turkey, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Arrange the turkey in a large roasting pan. Use a pastry brush to brush the turkey all over with melted butter.
- Tent the turkey with aluminum foil and roast for 2 hours. Remove the turkey from the oven, baste it and then return it to the oven without foil until it is golden brown and the breast has reached an internal temperature of 165°F on a meat thermometer, another 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the oven, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Enjoy immediately. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.