- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 sausages (porks, removed from casings
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup long grain and wild rice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- In a large pot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook sausage until it is no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked sausage and set aside.
- In the same pot, cook onion, celery and pepper, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add garlic and Cajun seasoning and cook for another 30 seconds. Add sausage, rice and broth back into the pot and bring broth to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir well.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.