- 14 large dried pasta shells, cooked and rinsed with cold water
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casings
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups green kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a baking dish with oil. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce and ricotta cheese. Stir until smooth. In the baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a single layer of ravioli (there’s no need to cook it first) and then top it with half of the sauce and repeat. Finish it with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered in foil, until the pasta is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is golden, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh basil or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.