These sweet and tart Raspberry Oat Crumble Bars are loaded with fiber and surprisingly easy to make. They can be enjoyed for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a delicious dessert topped with some vanilla ice cream.
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- 1 ½ cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lemon, juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the melted butter and mix until it is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer two-thirds of the oat mixture into the baking dish and press it down firmly to create a solid crust. Set it aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Simmer, stirring often, until the raspberries have burst and the mixture begins to thicken up, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour the raspberry mixture over the oat base. Crumble the remaining oat mixture on top of the raspberry mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the oat bars to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and then in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes. Once they are completely set, cut them into squares.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g