This dish is the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and smoky thanks to the addition of delicious chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 chipotle pepper in adobo sauces, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the onion and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the ground beef begins to brown and the vegetables begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, canned green chiles, and chipotle peppers. Cook until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the sweet potato, corn kernels, and beef broth. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the ranch dressing, avocado slices, and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can easily swap the beef in this recipe for ground chicken, ground turkey, or veggie crumbles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 743mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 38g