This rich, creamy soup is hearty and satisfying but surprisingly easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. It can be served immediately or made ahead to be enjoyed throughout the week.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks, dark green tops discarded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 fresh thymes
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the potatoes, broth, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and remove and discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Using an immersion blender, purée the soup. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g