If you’re searching for a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe this delectable Pineapple Chicken is for you! It is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, tart, and bright flavours.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups pineapple
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the pineapple, red bell pepper, and red onion. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the pineapple and peppers begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour the sauce into the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the green onions and sesame seeds or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 771mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 26g