Pear, Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Pizza
- pizza dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook onion until it begins to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Spread dough over a well-greased baking sheet. Coat dough with remaining olive oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, pear slices, prosciutto, caramelized onions, blue cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake until the crust is golden, for between 14 and 17 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply