- 2 lbs peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a baking dish with butter. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the filling ingredients. Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and bake until peaches begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking, in another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the butter and mix until it reaches the consistency of breadcrumbs. Add the milk and mix.
- Once the peaches have softened, gently toss them, adding a splash of water if needed to keep peaches from sticking to the sides. Spoon over topping and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with the sugar and return to oven. Bake until dough is cooked through and slightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply