Parmesan Thyme Shortbread
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and salt. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter and combine. Mix in the remaining flour mixture. Fold in the Parmesan cheese and thyme leaves.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly into discs. Refrigerate the cookies for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Bake the cookies until the bottoms begin to brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply