This incredible Nutella Strawberry Baked French Toast is made with rich buttery croissants and guaranteed to please any brunch crowd. It's as decadent as it is delicious but surprisingly easy to make.
- 12 croissants, cut in half
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half cream
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Dip half of the croissants in the egg mixture and arrange them in a well-greased baking dish in a single layer. Top the croissants with half of the strawberries. Dollop the Nutella on top. Dip the remaining croissants in the egg mixture and arrange them in a single layer in the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants. Arrange the remaining strawberries on top. Transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator and let it sit for about 1 hour before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, until the egg mixture is set and the top of the croissants are golden, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with a dusting of icing sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 13g