- *Brownie Base*
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream*
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ tbsp instant espresso powder
- ½ cup almond
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 6 almonds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a spring-form pan with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until a thick batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the prepare spring-form pan and use a spatula to smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean. Allow the brownie base to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- To make the ice cream layer, in a large bowl combine the whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat the mixture until it becomes light, fluffy, and thick. Fold in the almonds.
- Pour the ice cream mixture over top of the brownie base. Add the chocolate sauce and use a spoon to create a marble pattern.
- Freeze the cake for 6 to 8 hours or overnight so the ice cream can set completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. For best results, allow the cake to thaw for 5 to 10 minutes before serving to allow the brownie layer to soften.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 835Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 4gSugar: 65gProtein: 14g